Travel and Workshop Assistance
NJPOL will provide a limited number of grants to educational entities for travel to a NJ Poetry Out Loud Regional or State Final Contest or to hold a POL student workshop or professional development workshop for classroom teachers.
Deadline for Submission: December 31, 2018, 11:59 PM
Notification of Award: January 11, 2019
Click here for application form
Available to schools with any combination of grades 9-12 (or the equivalent).
You may apply for both the Travel and Workshop Funds, but you must submit a separate application for each.
A one or two-day Poetry Out Loud Workshop with professional poets/performers for students and/or teachers. A limited number of workshops are available.
Agree to hold a contest and send a student to regional contest.
Agree to fill out evaluation forms at the end of the workshop.
Artists are paid by New Jersey Poetry Out Loud.
Reimbursement assistance to be used for travel to a NJPOL regional or final contest.
- Assistance is not available to individuals and priority will be given to entities with a student participating in the contest.
- The travel is in keeping with the school’s official travel policy, and that the travel is the least expensive option currently available under that policy.
- If traveling to a Regional Contest, it must be in the school’s region.
- No minimum number of students. NJPOL may limit the maximum number, due to funds available and space limitations.
- The applicant will complete an electronic evaluation/response form to the contest.
- The applicant must provide a copy of the transport invoice/purchase order/tickets used.
Additional Terms and Conditions
Applicants are solely responsible for arranging transportation to the event, and any and all payments to vendors associated with said transportation. NJPOL only agrees to a one-time reimbursement to subsidize transportation costs in the amount and mode of transportation approved prior to the event
The Applicant Group assumes any and all risks occurring before, during, and after this event, including injury by any cause or any negligent or intentional act or omission, and agrees to release and hold harmless those associated with producing this event from any and all claims including, but not limited to: the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Dept. of State, Playwrights Theatre of NJ (d.b.a., Writers Theatre of New Jersey), National Endowment for the Arts, The Poetry Foundation, the venue attended, and all associated boards, trustees, officers, employees or agents.